Saturday 7 April 2018

My Next Challenge



My next challenge upon arriving in Spain was how to find a mobile phone shop where I could purchase a Spanish SIM card and internet modem. I practiced "Me gusteria una tarjeta SIM espanol con internet" until I was blue in the face, and with limited Spanish and a little help from Google translate, I left the shop with my Spanish telephone number and internet modem, with a big grin on my face at my achievement. The only thing I needed to do now was translate the instructions in Spanish and get my internet working! With perseverance I managed that too! Result!

Over the next few days I worked out bus and rail timetables to the local town of Cartagena and I was out every day walking the streets of this port city and naval base in the Murcia region of Southeast Spain. I visited shops, cafes and bars and generally people watched in the sun.

To be continued.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Hire Car and Mar de Plastico!

I had lovely trip back to La Union a few weeks ago, and I actually hired a car for this trip, for the first time ever!   I didn’t know how...