Monday 29 October 2018

Wood Fired Spanish Food - Wonderful!





I recently spent another few days in La Union.  The weather was mixed, with rain on two days, but it was sunny and bright for the rest of the time.

Sandy and Dianne's friends, Mateo and Veni, kindly invited me for lunch at their home.  Delicious open wood fired chicken and lamb, (pollos asados), home made bread, (sobrasada), and wonderful amounts of wine were consumed.  I was so honoured to have been invited into their home.  I tried my very best with my Spanish, and even though I am a total novice compared with Sandy and Dianne, I really enjoyed listening and trying to converse in Spanish, and I was so pleased to have had the opportunity to do that in a Spanish home.  Thank you Mateo, Veni, Sandy and Dianne.


On a totally different note, it does now appear that the lovely San Javier Murcia airport will definitely be moving to Corvera, 30kms away.  On a good note, Corvera's airport is brand new and can manage over 3 million passengers a year.  There will be good transport links and the new airport will be closer to the beaches around Puerto Mazarron and Bolnuevo.  I have always loved San Javier Murcia Airport, so let's see how I like Corvera Airport in the months to come.  I know my journey to La Union will be longer, but I will keep you posted on the new airport, its facilities and proximity.

General Best Selling Books For This Christmas

1 comment:

My First Hire Car and Mar de Plastico!

I had lovely trip back to La Union a few weeks ago, and I actually hired a car for this trip, for the first time ever!   I didn’t know how...