Thursday 10 January 2019

Flamenco Dancing And Los Nietos Beach





On a cold and grey winter's day here in the UK, I thought I would write about my last trip to La Union in Spain, which was November/December time.  Rather different, obviously, to the summer time as the locals were sat outside cafes in coats, surrounded by heaters. I felt the weather though was lovely for the time of year, and I ventured outside with no coat to be seen!  There was even a flurry of flamenco dancing on the Calle Mayor, giving a summery feel to the place.

I went out with my friends one evening to Las Velas Cinema to see Bohemian Rhapsody.  It was brilliant, and at four euros, fifty for a ticket, the value was incredible.  We had lovely seats with cup holders; the film was awesome and my friends were a delight, as always.

I normally take the train into Cartegena but decided one day to travel in the opposite direction to Los Nietos Beach, some 13 minutes away.  Although deserted, it was lovely.



Yours truly on Los Nietos Beach


I found a new gem of a bar called Bar Museo Minero on Calle Real, 104, 30360 La Union, Murcia.  It was a bit like a Sports Bar, with cheap food and wine, showing lovely pictures on the wals of the old mines of the region.  Another place to go to on my travels whilst I walk of an evening.




Bar Museo Minero

On my next trip I will be travelling back to the UK from the new Corvera Airport, or Murcia International Airport as it will be known.  I am looking forward to seeing how easy it will be to commute to and from La Union, and I will provide an update and information on my next blog to assist people who will be thinking of travelling to this new airport.

Hasta luego until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Hire Car and Mar de Plastico!

I had lovely trip back to La Union a few weeks ago, and I actually hired a car for this trip, for the first time ever!   I didn’t know how...