Sunday 9 September 2018

Food Glorious Food!





After a week of lovely weather and seeing great friends, I seem to have done rather a lot of eating on my last trip out to La Union, Murcia and I am not complaining!  Here is a round up of the places I visited:-

Within two hours of arriving, I was dining at Los Churrascos in El Algar with my friends, Sandy and Dianne.  A beautiful restaurant within a 10 minute bus ride from La Union.  Although not cheap for this region at €30 a head, this price was for 3 courses, 2 bottles of wine and beers, and the food was top quality and divine.  One of the best restaurants I have ever visited.  We also saw the cyclists from the La Vuelta Cycling Race come past later in the day – a bit like the Spanish version of the Tour De France!!  It was a fantastic afternoon - great company and lovely places visited.

I was also introduced to a Chinese cafĂ© in Cartagena just opposite the bus stop where I get off.  Three courses, wine and coffee for €8!  I was then shown by Sandy and Dianne where the Historical Military Museum and the Roman Amphitheatre were.  Amazing. I must have a better look at them on my next trip.  The Military Museum is free to look around too!

Rounded off the trip to Cartagena by dropping into the bar of the Los Habaneros Hotel on the way to catching the No.10 back to La Union.  A lovely hotel that is really good value to stay at.

The last day of my most recent trip saw me helping to celebrate another friend's Birthday, Linda, at Sierra Minera in La Union. I have been here before. Their Menu del Dia for €10 is amazing.  Every starter consisted of some sort of salad or fish, on this occasion, and as I don’t like either, they gave me an enormous plate of ham and melon – yum!!


Another fantastic trip. Can’t wait to come back again in a few weeks’ time.

Tip of the week:  When booking flights, book them really early in the year.  You will pay probably about 50% to 75% of what they will bump up to if you leave the booking to nearer the day of when you want to travel.

To be continued……..



No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Hire Car and Mar de Plastico!

I had lovely trip back to La Union a few weeks ago, and I actually hired a car for this trip, for the first time ever!   I didn’t know how...